Welcome to The Friends of Beamish.
Friday Evening Meetings
Next Meeting - 27th September 2013 - Nostalgic Views of the North - John Moreels
The SOS on the Road (on site)
The SOS bus has featured at the Beamish Great North Festival of Transport. The photograph above shows the beginning of this lengthy restoration.
What's on during 2013?
Keep checking for special events at Beamish
See the full list of special events planned for 2013 at Beamish.
Always a Warm Welcome from the Friends.
No matter where you live. We have members from all around Britain and in other parts of the world. You don't have to live locally to join The Friends.
An Independent Registered Charity.
The Friends of Beamish is an Independent Registered Charity protecting and re-creating the regions past for future generations to enjoy. We also assist the official staff of the Museum, where required, with voluntary workers from our membership.
Friends' Membership Deal.
Benefits of Joining the Friends:
- Free admission to the Museum.
- Free quarterly magazine (worth £3.00).
- Free copy of the Museum guidebook (worth £4.95).
- A Gold Membership Package gives you free admission as often as you like PLUS half price admission for two guests on each visit.
- Social events and special behind the scenes visits around the site.
- 10% discount in the Museum's catering and retail outlets.
- Special interest tours.
- Helps support our volunteers and our work for the Museum.
Friends of Beamish Membership Details.
- Adult Individual Membership: £25.00.
- Senior Citizen Individual: £20.00.
- Adult Partners (at same address): £40.00.
- Senior Citizen Partners: £32.00.
- Family (1) - Adult and 2 children: £40.00.
- Family (2) - 2 Adults and 2 children: £58.00.
- Young person (5-21 years): £20.00.
- Gold Membership Package: £50.00.
- Members Brooch- each: £1.50.
NOTE: fees are payable in pounds Sterling only.
NON-UK members can arrange payment by contacting the Friends' Office.