Welcome to The Friends of Beamish.
Friday Evening Meetings
Next Meeting - March 28th 2014
The Richardsons a Newcastle Family of Artists - Marie-Therese Mayne
World War 1 Requiem
On Saturday 8 March, Durham Cathedral Choir will mark the centenary of the First World War by performing two stalwarts of the classical music repertoire; Johannes Brahms' Ein Deutsches Requiem and Herbert Howells' Requiem, modelled on Walford Davies’ A Short Requiem of 1915, written in memory of those killed in the First World War.
Highly poignant and deeply moving, both works are grounded in the universal themes of untimely death and eternal hope.
As part of the concert, a slideshow of images dating from the First World War is being compiled to be projected onto a large screen in the nave before the concert begins. Northern Echo Memories have kindly agreed to support this venture, as we join together to remember those who fought and lived during the First World War.
Further information about the concert can be found at http://www.durhamcathedral.co.uk/whatson/requiem
Samuel Tuke Richardson
Have a look at these fantastic illustrated diaries
Click here to journey with him into the past. Samuel Tuke Richardson Diaries
The SOS on the Road (on site)
The SOS bus is regularly operated on special events during the year. The photograph above shows the beginning of this lengthy restoration.
What's on at Beamish?
Keep checking for special events at Beamish
See the full list of special events planned for this year at Beamish.
Always a Warm Welcome from the Friends.
No matter where you live. We have members from all around Britain and in other parts of the world. You don't have to live locally to join The Friends.
An Independent Registered Charity.
The Friends of Beamish is an Independent Registered Charity protecting and re-creating the regions past for future generations to enjoy. We also assist the official staff of the Museum, where required, with voluntary workers from our membership.
Friends' Membership Deal.
Benefits of Joining the Friends:
- Free admission to the Museum.
- Free quarterly magazine (worth £3.00).
- Free copy of the Museum guidebook (worth £4.95).
- A Gold Membership Package gives you free admission as often as you like PLUS half price admission for two guests on each visit.
- Social events and special behind the scenes visits around the site.
- 10% discount in the Museum's catering and retail outlets.
- Special interest tours.
- Helps support our volunteers and our work for the Museum.
Friends of Beamish Membership Details.
- Adult Individual Membership: £25.00.
- Senior Citizen Individual: £20.00.
- Adult Partners (at same address): £40.00.
- Senior Citizen Partners: £32.00.
- Family (1) - Adult and 2 children: £40.00.
- Family (2) - 2 Adults and 2 children: £58.00.
- Young person (5-21 years): £20.00.
- Gold Membership Package: £50.00.
- Members Brooch- each: £1.50.
NOTE: fees are payable in pounds Sterling only.
NON-UK members can arrange payment by contacting the Friends' Office.